The Summer of the Rock Show

Wow.... Where to begin. I suppose that Pearl Jam's Summer U.S. Tour announcement has to go to the top of the stack. It's been since 2003 since they've come to Kansas City. Honestly, I had kind of given up on the thought of them playing there again, for some reason. Calling this a Must-See Show should go without saying.

But then, perusing a couple of sites this evening, I stumbled across this one, and I've gotta tell ya.....it moved.


Seeing these two bands on the same bill, bands that have had such an influence on me, musically, it seems almost too good to be true. I've never had the opportunity to see either band, but it MUST happen this summer. Chicago, perhaps?

August rolls around with a show that only I will appreciate, the American Carnage Tour, featuring Megadeth, Slayer, and Testament. They've got an August show in Kansas City. If Dave can stay off the needle long enough, this actually might happen. Certainly this show isn't everyone's cup o' tea, but you can't expect me to get rid of my metal roots, now, can you?

Wrap up the Summer with the love-him-or-hate-him grooves of Dave Matthews Band, playing the Quest Center in Omaha. Not fitting the "Rock Show" theme? Fair enough. Sorry, but I'll never pass up the opportunity to watch Carter Beauford do what he does behind the drum kit. If it wasn't for his incredible playing, DMB wouldn't be the success that they've been over the past 17 years, if they'd be a success at all.

It's funny....with all of these upcoming shows, it feels different now that fatherhood is here. I feel like if I don't experience these shows now, then will it ever happen again? I mean, let's face it, a few of these bands don't have a lot left in the tank as the years click off. Maiden, especially, even though they still sound as good and as tight as they did in '85, you never know when they decide to pull the plug. Same goes for Mustaine & Megadeth, although he may keep going because it's keeping him alive.

Regardless, it's shaping up to be a great summer of music. No matter what your musical tastes, there's nothing like a live show, whether it's a 50-seat club or a 25,000-seat ampitheatre. Get out & go. Your soul deserves it.

Comments

Cameron Ted said…
Don't worry soon enough it will be the Wiggles and Seasame Street on ice for you. I will keep rocking for you JB, I SWEAR!

Verification word: tralimmu
Yoshi said…
You left off Justin Beiber and Taylor Swift.
Anonymous said…
Isn't Dave a born-again now?

Shannon Doner
Trevor said…
Add two more shows to the list bro. Rush in Omaha on August 25th and Primus at Harrahs on August 9th!
Trevor said…
Add two more shows to the list bro. Rush in Omaha on August 25th and Primus at Harrahs on August 9th!

Popular posts from this blog

July 25, 1993...

Breaking News: Your Kids' Names Suck. Developing....